The easiest way to have a problem free submission is to have everything completed, signed and scanned prior to logging in to the Athletic Clearance website. When submitting you will have no indication of any error and it won’t be caught until reviewed by the administration – this could cause a backlog and slow everything down so please supply documents as specified. See below for the list of items to have ready for upload process.
Be sure to also read and keep handy the instructions that were sent in an earlier team email.
1. EL2/Physical – Form provided by coach, school, or HCPS Athletic Dept. website. Do not use forms given by Doctor’s office as some may be outdated. Once the physical is completed by a physician it must be signed, stamped and dated by that doctor’s office. Please take care to have a physical that spans the entire season. Best practice is to complete a physical during summer before our first practice so that the packet is good for the entire school year and all sports. The FHSAA EL2 form for Hillsborough county can be downloaded at https://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/docs/00/00/17/13/2018_19_EL02_Physical_Form.pdf
2. Print out (card or receipt) of Proof of Insurance. Use the below link. This is a county mandated supplemental insurance. https://hcpsathleticprotection.com/pages/parent_pages/9030/excess-student-accident-insurance-overview
3. Birth Certificate – Previously this only applied to students new to athletics. You must submit a separate copy for the athletic department – the one on file with the registrar’s office cannot be accessed.
4. Government Issued Photo ID of the person completing the application. Also new this year and although separate from proof of address, it should match the address on those documents.
5. Certificates of completion of the three required NFHS video courses – 3 pages scanned as one document- 1 pdf or jpg file. They must be completed after May 15th each year. Go here for access to the nfhslearn.com/courses. https://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/doc/1451/concussionvideo
6. TWO Proofs of Residence – PHS requires two from the following – a current electric/water/gas bill, lease, mortgage statement, or tax record showing homestead exemption. Two bills from separate utilities are always the best bet. Internet/Cable/Phone (cell or landlines) bills are not considered utilities. Bank or other financial statements are also not accepted as they are not tied to a physical address. Scan all pages as one document or file.
7. Go to Athletic Clearance website and register an account to begin the process. Directions from this point forward are fairly straightforward. You may enter all zero’s (10) for student cell phone # if you prefer. The “other documents” upload is for the Enrollment History form.
You may access the submission portal through HCPS Athletic website or go directly to the Athletic Clearance site. Using the HCPS site is helpful as it has other information and directions as well as links to other documents. Here are the two links.
Here is a sample of what it looks like after you enter the student’s info and click “Save”