As a team, we relied immensely on our car wash fundraisers to help with our end of season banquet. However, since they’ve been cancelled by the County, we decided to host our first Flapjack Breakfast Fundraiser.
Please see below for details, but first and foremost, THANK YOU all for your efforts in selling tickets for this event and for all DONATIONS too! To date, we have 127 confirmed and hoping to sell more by week’s end. Remember, this is our main fundraiser!
TICKET INFORMATION –
• DATE: Saturday, October 20, 2018
• TIME: 8am – 10am – Volunteers must be there for 7:20 am
• PLACE: Applebee’s Restaurant
• LOCATION: 10606 Sheldon Road, Tampa, FL 33626
• INCLUDES: Each ticket is valid for 3 pancakes, 2 sausage links, and choice of coffee, tea, juice or soda
• PRICE: $7.00 each
VOLUNTEER INFORMATION –
• Applebee’s will provide the kitchen staff.
• We need both swimmer and parent volunteers.
• We will need at least 4 Greeters, 6 Seaters (any swimmer under 18) – each for 1 hour shifts.
• We will need at least 7 Servers, 2 Busser (any swimmer over 18 or parent) – each for 2 hour shift.
• Please sign up here…(the more the merrier) https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C084CAFA72CA1FC1-flapjack
• If you bring your blue school Volunteer Form, we will sign and you can get hours for this 2 hour event.
• All volunteers are expected to arrive by 7:20am and expect to be there to 10am.
• Applebee’s manager will give the volunteers a quick tour of the restaurant and explain a few pointers for greeting, seating, serving and cleaning up after your guests.
• For safety reasons, no one except volunteers over 18 years of age will be allowed in kitchen (servers or bussers) and no one will be allowed behind the cooks’ line.
• All volunteers must turn in a signed liability release waiver during volunteer orientation. See attached.
• Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign the form on their behalf.
• If a liability release waiver is not properly signed or turned in, then the volunteer may not participate in the event. NO EXCEPTION!
• If you are ill, DO NOT plan to volunteer – notify us so we will modify our staff.
• Most importantly, volunteers should relax and have fun while welcoming and thanking the guests for their support.
• Also, we will have a DONATION station at the restaurant, in case a guest/customer asks.
• Any tips left on tables are to go in the DONATION buckets.
WHAT TO BRING –
• Non-slip, rubber-soled, closed toe shoes.
• Wear your gray swim T-shirt so guests can easily identify you as a volunteers.
• The attached, signed WAIVER form. Again, no one can volunteer without one and a parent MUST sign for anyone under 18.
• Your ticket – All GREETERS and SEATERS will have a 1 hour shift and all SERVERS and BUSSERS will have a short break so you will have an opportunity to have your breakfast as well. Some of you were under the impression you wouldn’t have time to eat so haven’t purchased a ticket. Please let us know if you need one and we will get it to you.
• Your Sickles Volunteer Form if you’d like hours.
OTHER INFORMATION –
• We need to give the restaurant any FINAL count this Friday morning. So keep us posted to any further sales.
• Should you need more tickets, we have plenty, just ask.
• Reminder, no tickets will be sold on the day of.
• Also, just an FYI, Applebee’s is not open to the public during this timeframe – this is strictly a community fundraising timeslot for them.
We look forward to seeing everyone Saturday (please sign up) and if this is a huge success, we hope to make it a tradition in the coming years!
Fatima Morais / Jessica Couto