Gallery has been updated. Google photo albums have been created. Please share your photos from all our events. https://www.sicklesswim.com/gallery/2019-2020/
Seniors have designed a shirt and we are taking ORDERS!
Please have all orders in by Monday, Aug 26th so we can have our shirts in time for our second meet!
Shirts/Sweatshirts are Forest Green. Tank will be a dark gray.
The easiest way to have a problem free submission is to have everything completed, signed and scanned prior to logging in to the Athletic Clearance website. When submitting you will have no indication of any error and it won’t be caught until reviewed by the administration – this could cause a backlog and slow everything down so please supply documents as specified. See below for the list of items to have ready for upload process.
Be sure to also read and keep handy the instructions that were sent in an earlier team email.
1. EL2/Physical – Form provided by coach, school, or HCPS Athletic Dept. website. Do not use forms given by Doctor’s office as some may be outdated. Once the physical is completed by a physician it must be signed, stamped and dated by that doctor’s office. Please take care to have a physical that spans the entire season. Best practice is to complete a physical during summer before our first practice so that the packet is good for the entire school year and all sports. The FHSAA EL2 form for Hillsborough county can be downloaded at https://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/docs/00/00/17/13/2018_19_EL02_Physical_Form.pdf
2. Print out (card or receipt) of Proof of Insurance. Use the below link. This is a county mandated supplemental insurance. https://hcpsathleticprotection.com/pages/parent_pages/9030/excess-student-accident-insurance-overview
3. Birth Certificate – Previously this only applied to students new to athletics. You must submit a separate copy for the athletic department – the one on file with the registrar’s office cannot be accessed.
4. Government Issued Photo ID of the person completing the application. Also new this year and although separate from proof of address, it should match the address on those documents.
5. Certificates of completion of the three required NFHS video courses – 3 pages scanned as one document- 1 pdf or jpg file. They must be completed after May 15th each year. Go here for access to the nfhslearn.com/courses. https://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/doc/1451/concussionvideo
6. TWO Proofs of Residence – PHS requires two from the following – a current electric/water/gas bill, lease, mortgage statement, or tax record showing homestead exemption. Two bills from separate utilities are always the best bet. Internet/Cable/Phone (cell or landlines) bills are not considered utilities. Bank or other financial statements are also not accepted as they are not tied to a physical address. Scan all pages as one document or file.
7. Go to Athletic Clearance website and register an account to begin the process. Directions from this point forward are fairly straightforward. You may enter all zero’s (10) for student cell phone # if you prefer. The “other documents” upload is for the Enrollment History form.
You may access the submission portal through HCPS Athletic website or go directly to the Athletic Clearance site. Using the HCPS site is helpful as it has other information and directions as well as links to other documents. Here are the two links.
Here is a sample of what it looks like after you enter the student’s info and click “Save”
The team is looking to change the swimsuit this year and we have taken your submissions, and it’s time to vote! Please note: If you don’t see the exact one you submitted, it was due to it not being available in all sizes. The suit that receives the most votes, will be the NEW Sickles Swim Team Suit. We are also looking for feedback about Team Outings & Fundraisers etc.
Please fill out the form to share your input with us.
There will be an Athletic Parent info meeting on May 31, 2019, at 6 PM. The meeting will begin in the auditorium and then move to the Gym. Anyone can attend this meeting, however it’s for those new to Sickles athletics.
Athletic Packets are now ONLINE! Here is a PDF file that explains how to register online: . Please visit this website for the information: https://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/doc/list/athletics/student-forms/39-285/
You can pick up the Physical form (EL2) from the Main Office or download it from Hillsborough County. Physical must be filled out on the EL2 form. The physicals are good for one year from the time of the Exam and must be on this Hillsborough County form.
Swimming Tryouts start Monday July 29th. There will be a parent & swimmer meeting the morning of the 29th. Tryouts/Practices are the same schedule as last year. 6 am – 7:30 am at JCC pool.